Be prepared to help your community during a disaster. Get the special training required to be an ARRL emergency communications volunteer.


Before you can get on the air, you need to be licensed and know the rules to operate legally. US licenses are good for 10 years before renewal and anyone may hold one except a representative of a foreign government. In the US there are three license classes.....
Technician, General and Extra.


Many people become Amateur Radio operators because of their interest in radio technology and experimentation.

About Me

Hello my name is Jerry; Amateur Radio call is KC9ZAR.  This call was issued to me by the Federal Communications Commission on May 20th 2013. My first year as a Technician logged and confirmed 83 countries all on 10 meters. With help of my local club upgrade was possible to General class on May sixth 2015. I currently enjoy working HF and many of the HF digital modes. When it comes to repeaters around in the area. Five repeater systems fall under my control/ownership. In my spare time support four other systems. I do enjoy Amateur Radio and should have been license many years before. Please if you have any questions or would like to get involved in Amateur Radio please contact me. Picture taken at Hamvention 2018. Left: Jerry (KC9ZAR)    Right: Bob Heil  (K9EID)


(Automatic Packet Reporting System), contains a number of packet types, including position/object/item, status, messages, queries, weather reports and telemetry. The position/object/item packets contain the latitude and longitude, and a symbol to be displayed on the map, and have many optional fields for altitude, course, speed, radiated powerantenna height above average terrainantenna gain, and voice operating frequency.

Below is a link to search APRS objects. Just press "search" to see where I'm at.