Tuesday 8pm Eastern Standard Time
INDIANA LINK SOUTH DIGITAL NET
Updated: 4/1/2021 KC9ZAR
- Good evening and welcome to this Wide Area Net conducted each Tuesday at 8 PM Eastern time.
- My name is ______. My call sign is _____. I am located in ________ and I will be acting as Net Control.
- Now, I would like to pause for any priority or emergency traffic. (PAUSE, PAUSE, PAUSE)
- This is a linked system of Digital repeaters and nodes so please remember that you must allow time for all the links to function.
- More information about this system can be found at INDIANALINKSOUTH.COM, Indiana Link South Repeater Group on Facebook. We would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
- Please feel free to join this network:
Wires-X room # 43844 or search “INDIANA-LINK-SO” from the list.(HotSpots) YSF Reflector #14689 or search “Indiana-Link-So”
- OPTION: We log the Net using Net Logger. You can follow along by downloading Net Logger from netlogger.org and searching for “Indiana Link South Wide Area Net”.
- The purpose of this net is to promote fellowship, education, and emergency communication practice for amateur radio operators.
- Topic: ?
- I will begin by taking 3 check-ins. Stop and acknowledge those check-in’s.
- At this time, I’ll take 3 check-ins for the net. CALL NOW.
NOTE: After three stations identify, ( net control transmit immediately after third check-in.) welcome them back and ask if they have any comments for the net.
Remember that there could be up to 6 seconds of delay between repeaters.
Continue calling for additional check-ins, three at a time.
- “OK, now any station that we missed wishing to check in to the net, please call now.”
OPTION: At this time we have a few announcements.
(Give any announcements that are current). From any source or kc9zar.com, ARRL news, ect
- Are there any other announcements or bulletins from any stations on the net?
After announcements, ask if there are any other check-ins for the net.
- This is ______ concluding this session of this wide area net conducted by Amateur Radio Operators from all over.
- “Please plan to check in next Tuesday night at 8:00 pm Eastern time 00:00 UTC for the next wide area net. Please pass the word and invite others.
- More information about this system can be found at INDIANALINKSOUTH.COM, “Indiana Link South Repeater Group” on Facebook. We would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
- I am now returning the repeaters to normal amateur use.
73 and thank you for checking in to our wide area net. ________ clear.